The Aspen Leadership Group is proud to partner with the University of Florida, the University of Michigan, the University of Oregon, the Rutgers University Foundation, and the University of Washington in a groundbreaking talent management effort to enhance the professional growth and career success of current and aspiring advancement professionals from diverse, under-represented, and non-traditional backgrounds.
ALG and these five institutions have made a commitment to:
- Welcoming under-represented as well as aspiring advancement professionals into supportive and empowering conversations about their career aspirations, and into specific conversations about building careers in philanthropy;
- Recruiting and retaining advancement teams that allows each partner university to reflect and respond to the diversity of that institution’s student body, alumni body, donors, potential donors, and other key constituents essential to success in advancement efforts;
- Creating an environment in which staff members from diverse backgrounds receive the support they need to succeed in their positions, grow professionally, and thrive personally;
- Providing onboarding and mentoring to recruited candidates that supports their integration into advancement teams and assists those teams in realizing the full potential contribution of each new team member; and
- Regularly communicating among partner institutions and engaging with others in the advancement profession who share our commitment to building highly successful practices in recruitment, onboarding, mentoring, and retention of diverse teams.
Please use the buttons below to learn more about how your experience, passion, and aspirations might align with the talent objectives of these partner institutions:
successful candidate placement
A. Philanda Moore
"As a candidate that was recently placed in a new role as an Assistant Director, Alumni
Engagement Affinity Groups at the University of Oregon I am grateful for the
opportunity afforded by a national Diversity Talent Program by five outstanding partners.
As someone transitioning into Development with limited work experience in the industry,
the Aspen Leadership Group stuck with me and helped me find the right opportunity that
matched my skill level, interest, and expertise. I genuinely felt supported specifically by
Dr. Angelique Grant as I went through the entire process, in addition to my new
colleagues at the University of Oregon. There were four outstanding institutions to
choose from and I'm just thrilled that the University of Oregon believed in me and what I can contribute to this dynamic team. The ALG treated my candidacy just as significantly
as the institutional clients they serve. Most important, ALG’s commitment to provide
opportunities to people of diverse backgrounds is on the vanguard of current practices in
executive search and especially on the opportunities and challenges faced within the
higher education & nonprofit sector. I am greatly appreciative of my relationship with
ALG the Diversity Partnership and feel honored knowing they played a vital part in my
new burgeoning career as a Development/Advancement Professional.
-A. Philanda Moore, Assistant Director, Alumni Engagement, University of Oregon
If you are interested in more information about this partnership, please contact ALG Senior Consultant and Certified Diversity Recruiter Angelique Grant at angelique@