There is no more powerful method for focusing the energy, talent and resources of an organization than a well-developed strategic planning process.
The ALG Approach:
Aspen Leadership Group’s approach to strategic planning is based on a strong commitment to staff engagement, the creation of a values-based foundation, and the implementation of proven change management strategies to transform your culture. We work closely with you to define your unique objectives, and we provide the facilitation, strategies, training, and tools to help you launch a strategic effort that will motivate and align your team for years to come. The strategic planning process is specifically crafted for your organization’s culture, strengths and opportunities. The process can take as little as three months, or as long as a year, depending on the complexity of your organization and the amount of time you and your team have available to dedicate to the project. Strategic Planning may be executed on its own, or may serve as one part of a comprehensive planning program that includes Core Values Workshops and/or annual Operational Planning for Advancement Organizations.
Outcomes you can expect:
- A multi-year strategic plan for advancement that integrates with your institution’s overall strategic plan and mission OR provides critical direction for advancement in the absence of a formal institution-level plan
- Recommendations for regular reporting against progress, ongoing internal and external communications in support of your plan and a process for review and renewal, to ensure effective implementation over time
- Increased alignment across your organization, including better cross-team working relationships
- Increased ability to make a case with your CEO and board for increased investment to achieve your mission and goals
"We have been working with Aspen Leadership Group to develop a strategic plan, and value deeply their distinctive approach. We benefit from having the counsel of someone with decades of experience in advancement who has done this kind of planning successfully before. Our consultant offers us what I call “empathetic objectivity”--the ability to help us view our efforts from the outside while also understanding the challenges we face within our own organization. She is an excellent facilitator, who knows how to engage staff at all levels around the table. Finally, we have confidence that she knows how to design and implement a process, method and tools to keep us moving forward. I would highly recommend the Aspen Leadership Group to any advancement leader who is looking for a partner to help build a more strategic and effective organization."
- R. Bartley Moore, Vice President for Advancement, Georgetown University
For more information, contact: