Do you want to be part of a community of highly skilled leaders, and at an organization that values your diversity?
Aspen Leadership Group is proud to partner with several leading institutions in a groundbreaking talent management effort to enhance the professional growth and career success of current and aspiring advancement professionals from diverse, under-represented, and non-traditional backgrounds.
These institutions are committed not only to hiring diverse candidates, but to supporting you as well, with comprehensive onboarding and training programs, as well as one-on-one career mapping plans, career resources, and growth opportunities. And they are hiring!
ALG AND THESE INSTITUTIONS HAVE MADE A COMMITMENT TO:
- Welcoming under-represented as well as aspiring advancement professionals into supportive and empowering conversations about their career aspirations, and into specific conversations about building careers in philanthropy;
- Recruiting and retaining advancement teams that allows each partner university to reflect and respond to the diversity of that institution’s student body, alumni body, donors, potential donors, and other key constituents essential to success in advancement efforts;
- Creating an environment in which staff members from diverse backgrounds receive the support they need to succeed in their positions, grow professionally, and thrive personally;
- Providing onboarding and mentoring to recruited candidates that supports their integration into advancement teams and assists those teams in realizing the full potential contribution of each new team member; and
- Regularly communicating among partner institutions; amplifying opportunities, best practices and learning from the partnership; and engaging with others in the advancement profession who share our commitment to building highly successful practices in recruitment, onboarding, mentoring, and retention of diverse teams.
BECOME A CANDIDATE: APPLY HERE
WILLIAM & MARY
University of Florida
THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY
The University of Texas at Austin
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE PLACEMENT
A. Philanda Moore
"As a candidate that was recently placed in a new role as an Assistant Director, Alumni Engagement Affinity Groups at the University of Oregon, I am grateful for the opportunity afforded by a national Diversity Talent Program.
As someone transitioning into Development with limited work experience in the industry, the Aspen Leadership Group stuck with me and helped me find the right opportunity that matched my skill level, interest, and expertise. I genuinely felt supported specifically by Dr. Angelique Grant as I went through the entire process, in addition to my new colleagues at the University of Oregon. There were four outstanding institutions to choose from and I'm just thrilled that the University of Oregon believed in me and what I can contribute to this dynamic team. The ALG treated my candidacy just as significantly as the institutional clients they serve.
Most important, ALG’s commitment to provide opportunities to people of diverse backgrounds is on the vanguard of current practices in executive search and especially on the opportunities and challenges faced within the higher education and nonprofit sector. I am greatly appreciative of my relationship with ALG and the Diversity Talent Partnership and feel honored knowing they played a vital part in my new burgeoning career as a Development/Advancement Professional."
-A. Philanda Moore, Assistant Director, Alumni Engagement, University of Oregon
BECOME A PARTNER INSTITUTION
Aspen Leadership Group welcomes nonprofit institutions to partner with us to recruit, support, and retain diverse talent, including organizations in higher education, healthcare, and arts and culture, as well as community services and membership organizations, foundations, institutes, NGOs and more. For more information or if your organization is interested in becoming a partner, contact Angelique Grant.